The Snod

This is a blog about life, politics, and anything else I feel like writing about. It's named "The Snod" because that's a nickname someone gave me in school based on my last name.

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Presidential Nominee

I'm going to laugh if the Democratic Party and/or the Republican Party shoots themselves in the foot by nominating someone who probably won't win the presidential election. Some candidates are more likely to win the presidential election than others, no matter who the parties want to be president. For example, the Democratic Party might nominate Hillary Clinton because most members of the party might want her to become president. But Barack Obama might be more likely to win the presidential election than Hillary Clinton. In that case he would be a better choice. My point is that winning the election is more important than winning with whoever you want to become president. Someone in your party serving as president is better than no one in your party serving as president.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger becca said...

good thing im an experienced internet user, because from facebook to here i had to do like 10 links. dios mios! but now thats ive found u, u better represent!

Fri Aug 10, 02:41:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hafta disagree with you on that one, Troy -- I really think that Clinton is gearing her efforts (and her public image) towards the general election, whereas Obama is most definitely focusing on the primaries.

In fairness to Clinton's radical past and hidden motives, she has presented herself quite carefully as a moderate liberal. The media, at least, seems to have bought it. This is a risky move in the primaries, but should she make it to the general election, it will improve her chances (which, in my personal opinion are fortunately slim) of winning the majority of electoral votes.

Obama, on the other hand, has used his campaign trail and debate appearances as a soapbox for his more liberal / radical ideas, none of which will gain wide support outside of the Democrat liberal base.

-Joshua

Thu Aug 23, 06:46:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Troy said...

Josh (or Joshua, whatever you go by these days), I'm sure Republicans hope you predicted the future because you reasonably wrote that Clinton's chances are slim and Obama's chances are worse.

And you're not technically disagreeing with me because what I wrote was a hypothetical scenario and not necessarily my beliefs. Anyway, you probably know more about politics because you're studying it at school while I'm here in El Salvador learning Spanish. Thanks for all your comments!!!

Tue Aug 28, 01:57:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

My bad, I missed the "might" and thought you were making a prediction. :X

Speaking of predictions, have you seen Kucinich's ventrilliquism act? That would make for some great foreign diplomacy:

"Mr. President, did you say something?"
"Huh, what? Oh, that was just my friend the Secretary of State, Mr. Puppet."

Fri Aug 31, 12:31:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Troy said...

I read about Kucinich's act and wish I could see it. That would indeed make for some great foreign diplomacy :)

Fri Aug 31, 02:34:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home