The Snod

This is a blog about life, politics, and anything else I feel like writing about. It's named "The Snod" because that's a nickname someone gave me in school based on my last name.

Monday, May 28, 2007

Peace Corps + me = the future

Next Sunday I will join the Peace Corps to become a Municipal Development volunteer in El Salvador. At this point, I believe I'm supposed to make some sort of legal disclaimer: the contents of this blog belong to me and are in no way, shape, or form at all related to the Peace Corps and/or the government of the United States of America.

I look forward to helping Salvadorans as much as possible. Also, my Spanish should improve, which will be especially helpful since people in the USA approach me and start speaking Spanish to me despite the fact that I do NOT speak Spanish and I am NOT Latino. In fact, even a trilingual Chinese person spoke Spanish to me instead of English. But I take it as a compliment, especially since a friend of mine said he thought less of me when he learned I'm not Latino after years of mistakenly assuming I was Latino.

Some sad news is that I may dreadfully confuse Spanish and Portuguese since Portuguese was the most recent language I've studied, and I studied abroad in Brazil last year. The two languages are quite similar. Actually, maybe learning Spanish will help my Portuguese... or maybe not. Regardless, I look forward to my future adventure.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home