The Snod

This is a blog about life, politics, and anything else I feel like writing about. It's named "The Snod" because that's a nickname someone gave me in school based on my last name.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Peace Corps Packing

This time in my life is a whirlwind of cleaning, packing, moving, and more packing. I moved out of my apartment into my parents' house, and now I'm getting ready for the Peace Corps in El Salvador. I realize this could be more complicated. At least my family is helping me, and my apartment wasn't that far from my parents' house.

Still, packing isn't fun. I'd hate to have to move a house full of stuff. The closest packing came to fun for me was when a friend once called at 10 PM and said,

"Drive up here to Gainesville right now. I start class tomorrow morning at UF, but you'll get here in a couple of hours - around midnight - and we can hang out then."

All I had to do was throw a few things in my backpack, and I was on my way. The Peace Corps takes a little more planning, but I especially appreciate it paying my way. Now it's time for me to get back to packing.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like you have some interesting times ahead of you...good luck with the peace corps.

Sun Jun 03, 12:12:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home